Vault/Dragnet login at checkin

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

nalenb

Vault/Dragnet login at checkin

Post by nalenb » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:51 pm

I have Dragnet 1.0.1 and Vault 3.0.1 installed on the same server and both are running great. I have the integration hooked up and it seems to work fine. However, when I do the checkin in Vault it asks me to log in to Dragnet. I want to have it automatically log into to Dragnet.

I'm using both as a single developer, i.e. I haven't paid for a license to either. What this seems to mean is that on Vault I have my own account in addition to the admin account. On Dragnet I only have the admin account (since only 1 account is allowed). Is this the reason I need to log in, because the user names are different? Would purchasing a Dragnet license clear it all up?

Thanks

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:48 pm

If you do not want to get prompted for a Dragnet login from Vault, your
Vault login name and Dragnet login name need to match.

Dragnet is also free for a single user. You can have one active user in addition to "admin" in free mode.

When you set up your new user in Dragnet, choose "Vault" for the authentication type (make sure you have Vault configured for your SourceCode control provider on the Dragnet setup page). You would then use your Vault password to log on to Dragnet and should no longer be promted for a Dragnet login fom Vault.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

nalenb

Post by nalenb » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:05 pm

Hmm, I checked the setup and Vault is specified. I created a new user with the same user name as my Vault user. I put in the same password and selected vault authentication. The user seemed to create fine, but now I can't log in through the web page with that user account. Just says "Invalid Password" even though it's not. I verified on the Vault client log in too. And I reset it again in both places. Am I missing something?

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:23 pm

That *should* just work...

Do you have Vault chosen for the SCC Provider on the Dragnet Setup page? Is the correct SourceControl Server URL configured for Vault on the Dragnet Setup page (it should be something like "http://localhost/VaultService" or "http://machine.domain.com/VaultService)?

Are you using Vault authentication in Vault (as opposed to Active Directory authentication - if you are using Active Directory auth in Vault you would need to use Active Directory auth in Dragnet)?

Another option to prevent Vault prompting would be to use Dragnet authentication for the user in Dragnet and just make sure your Vault and Dragnet logins AND passwords match :)
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

nalenb

Post by nalenb » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:37 pm

Yeah I thought it would work too :-)

I checked everything, Dragnet has all the right Vault stuff and Vault has all the right Dragnet stuff. Vault is not set to use active directory.

Wierd.

Switching to Dragnet login allows me in. I haven't tested a check in yet. If it works, that'll be all I need.