Feature request: Batch edits should send 1 email only

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Charles Monk

Feature request: Batch edits should send 1 email only

Post by Charles Monk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:16 am

If you are signed up to receive change notifications by email, and then someone makes a batch edit (eg. re-assigning 30 issues to a different milestone), how many emails would you want to get?

Personally, I'd like only one, but it seems that I get 30. Could this be changed?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:06 am

Makes sense to me. I'll log it as a feature request for a future release.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:35 am

I did log this as a feature request, but we could use more information on how you might want this to work. Right now with a batch edit, only users subscribed to all bugs would get the 30 different bug emails. If a developer was subscribed to just bugs assigned to them, they'd get just the relevant bugs.

If we send things in batch, then would all users get the one email with the all 30 bug update notices? That might be a lot for someone to wade through if they're just looking for their own bugs.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Charles Monk

Post by Charles Monk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:14 pm

If there are 30 edits, of which only 10 are relevant to me, then I would want to hear about only those 10. But if those edits are made in a batch, then I'd like to get only one email notification, with 10 items mentioned.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:07 pm

OK. That may be a bit tricky to do, but I'll pass the info on to our developers.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear