Queries don't return items imported from SOS?

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Charles Monk

Queries don't return items imported from SOS?

Post by Charles Monk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:21 am

I'm confused about the results of queries. If I search for a keyword, the only results are from very recent items.

I tried to 'resurrect' an older item to the query scope by making sure it was open and belonged to an active milestone, but it still failed to show up. Only when I actually edited the bug details did the item start appearing.

It is possible that items which we imported from SOSCE are somehow left out of the search? That's how it seems to me.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:33 am

The import should have built the keyword information for the SOSCE bugs (in fact this step of the import takes longer than all of the others). I need an idea of what your settings were when you imported. Were SOSCE and Dragnet on the same SQL server, or different ones? When did you do the import? Is this the same for all projects that you imported? Do subject keywords work, but details keywords don't?

Charles Monk

Post by Charles Monk » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:10 am

I checked with another DB, and the same thing holds. That DB was definitely imported from the same server on the same machine.

It happens for text in the description field, and for text in the details field. In each case, I can search for the issue and find it in SOSCE but it doesn't show up in Dragnet.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:13 am

Email me your phone number using the button below this post. I'll probably have to give you a debug program to refresh all your keywords.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:16 am

Charles definitely found a bug that will effect all users who imported from Collab. The bug has been fixed in upcoming versions of the import tool. You can use the keyword refresher program to correct your database if this is happening to you.
Attachments
KeywordRefresher.zip
Unzip this program onto your hard drive and run it from that location.
(316.48 KiB) Downloaded 803 times