Check-out exclusive - only per group instead of per file?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ancap

Check-out exclusive - only per group instead of per file?

Post by ancap » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:02 pm

Vault 2.0
Windows 2003 Server
XP Pro SP1 clients

We've tenatively started moving to non-exclusive check out mode of operation, but have found that often checking out a group of files will end up with them all checked out exclusively. What appears to be happening is that if I check out only mergeable files then they properly follow my config settings and are checked out non-exclusive. However, if even 1 file in the group is non-mergeable then all get checked out exclusive instead of just the non-mergeables.

Is there an option to have exclusive check out behavior considered by file instead of group such that only the non-mergeable's get checked out exclusive? Or is the right answer just to rampantly add .csproj, .prj, .uv2, .bat, .sln and every other extension we use all to mergeable file types?

Thanks-

Aaron

dan

Post by dan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:57 pm

Yea - you are right, this behavior doesn't really make sense. Checking out an entire folder will allow you to set whether you want to try to check them out exclusively or not, but selecting a group of files within a folder forces the whole group to exclusive if one of them is non-mergeable. We'll log it as a bug.

I wouldn't recommend setting file types that you don't want to merge to be mergeable, since Vault is set to merge them automatically by default on Get operations.