Mono support

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Mono support

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:44 am

I currently use SVN on my Linux systems but the company that I started to work uses Vault. I'm on of the official mono developers and knew about how vault targets Mono as a platform. I was wondering if you thought about creating a package for us Windows-less developers because you say to copy from Windows but I don't have a copy any where ;-). I would be happy to assist if you want to create debs for ubuntu/debian and also autopackage and custom binary tarball installers if want to go that route :-).

Zac Bowling
http://www.zacbowling.com/

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:38 am

We haven't made any packages for the Unix platforms primarily because it simply wasn't easy to integrate into our build system (which is, currently, entirely Windows-based). On the other hand, it should be pretty simple to package. The files you would need to copy to your Unix host would be a bunch of DLLs and a few EXEs. All the DLLs go whever Mono would expect to find libraries on your platform, and the EXEs go whever Mono expects to find executables (or in your path if you're using the binfmt_misc loader).

As a work-around for now, "apt-get install cabextract" (in Ubuntu's universe, also in Woody), then download the Vault client installer from the downloads page. cabextract will let you pull out all the files from the archive. Then copy *.dll to a place Mono will find them, and Vault.exe somewhere in your path.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`