Management Access

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Management Access

Post by ZackJones » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:08 am

Perhaps this is already built into Dragnet and I just haven't found it yet :), but is there anyway to give a user read-only or some sort of report we can generate to show management where we stand on items in Dragnet?

On one of our project we have a guy doing testing on stuff that does not have an account in Dragnet. He adds items as an external user. The problem is once an item is added he has no insight on its status unless he comes and talks to us. If there were some sort of read-only or guest type of account that didn't use one of our licenses that would be a great feature. If that isn't possible then perhaps if there was a web page they could pull up that would show the status of all items for a given project should keep him satisfied and out of our hair so we can fix things :)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:46 am

External Add is currently the only way for a non-licensed user to access the system. Read access still requires a license. I can log a feature request for a license category that would accomodate users who do not need full access.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:31 am

Thanks for the reply, Linda. If it can be done faster a simple report page that an external user could access would work for my needs.