Source control integration with VS.NET

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Source control integration with VS.NET

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:47 pm

I have been having some problems with the source control integration in VS.NET. When I initially add the solution to Vault there is no problem. Its when I try to change the folder structure in Vault and rebind the solution to the new path that things start to go off the rails.

When I open the solution after changing the folder structure in Vault, I can rebind the solution and everything appears to work correctly. It's when I close the solution and re-open it that the binding information seems to be incorrect and VS.NET tells me I have to work offline.

I have done some investigating and it appears that my problems stem from the fact that the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file that gets created in the solution and project directories does not get updated with the new binding information when the binding information is changed. I manually updated the SCC_Project_Name variable in the file to the correct path and everything seemed to work fine after that. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do about this but I thought you would like to know.

dan

Post by dan » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:00 am

Thanks for the report - hopefully this will help in diagnosing problems similiar to it.