4.0 BUG: Serial numbers do not appear in Server Manager

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

corey

4.0 BUG: Serial numbers do not appear in Server Manager

Post by corey » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:44 am

When you enter multiple serial numbers in the SOS 4.0 Server Manager, they will be written to the sossvr.prp file and recognized by the SOS Server, but the next time you open the Server Manager, only one serial number will appear.
Last edited by corey on Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

noel.gifford@intel.com

SOS 4.0 Manager only keeps last serial number

Post by noel.gifford@intel.com » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:16 pm

When will a patch be available for SOS 4.0 Manager? I enter 3 serial numbers (5,7 users) and shutdown SOS Manager. When I restart SOS Manager, the System Info tab shows 12 users but the Serial Number tab only has the second serial number. I add 12 users and shutdown SOS Manager. The next time I restart SOS Manager, the System Info tab shows only 7 users and the Users tab only has 7 names.

I need this fixed. I can't deploy it until all my developers can access it.

corey

Post by corey » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:57 pm

This bug is only cosmetic within the SOS Server Manager. If you add all of your serial numbers, and then restart the Server, the Server will recognize ALL of your licenses even though they won't all be displayed in the Server Manager. All of your users should be able to connect. If you check your Server's log.txt file after restarting the Server, it should show that all licenses are configured.
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

noel.gifford@intel.com

SOS 4.0 Manager only keeps last serial number - NOT COSMETIC

Post by noel.gifford@intel.com » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:51 pm

I beg to differ. It isn't cosmetic. I go in and add two serial numbers. The first for 5 users and the second for 7 users. I shut down SOS Manager and restart it. Go to the Users tab and enter 7 users. Shutdown SOS Manager and restart it. You are unable to add any additional users because SOS Manager thinks you only have 7 licenses instead of the 12 that were originally added. Whenever I want to manage the users, I have to add the additional serial numbers back in before I am able to see all of the current users. THIS IS NOT COSMETIC

Will you replace my 3 serial numbers with 1 that is good for all 17 users?
Either that or get a patch out soon.

Steve North

SOS 4.0 Manager only keeps last serial number - NOT COSMETIC

Post by Steve North » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:38 pm

I am having the same issue as Noel. Depending on which serial number I enter last will determine the number of users I am allowed. I have serial numbers for a group of 5, group of 10, and multiple single numbers. I can only add as many users as the last serial number I entered. Even if I enter all serial numbers, I can only add the number of users as dictated by the last serial number entered. I thought that by closing the server component and reopening I would be able to add the rest of my users. This is not the case.

The second part of this remark is: In 3.5.3 I had to generate keys for the users. Is the connection between client and server all done behind the scene now? The client is not required to import a key with 4.0?

corey

Post by corey » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:04 am

What I meant by using the term cosmetic was that if you add 3 serial numbers using the Server Manager during a single session, 3 serial numbers will get written to the sossvr.prp file, and will be correctly used by the Server once its restarted.

I do realize the bug causes other user management problems and we are working to get a patch done soon. I'll see if I can post just the patched Server Manager to this forum so that everyone will have access to it before the entire 4.0.1 is released.
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

corey

Re: SOS 4.0 Manager only keeps last serial number - NOT COSM

Post by corey » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:06 am

Steve North wrote: The second part of this remark is: In 3.5.3 I had to generate keys for the users. Is the connection between client and server all done behind the scene now? The client is not required to import a key with 4.0?
Crypto keys still need to be generated by the Server Manager and delivered to the Clients for import as before. However, 3.5 crypto keys will work with the 4.0 Client, so new ones do not have to be created when upgrading.
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

Steve North

SOS 4.0 Manager only keeps last serial number - NOT COSM

Post by Steve North » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:00 pm

Thank you for the quick reply...I found my answer on the crypto. I installed professional on both server and client.

corey

Post by corey » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:55 pm

I've attached a preview release of the 4.0.1 Server Manager which only includes a fix for the bug described in this thread. This fix will also be included in the final SOS 4.0.1 release, which should be available within a few weeks. To use this preview, follow these instructions:

1. Download the attached ServerMgr_401.zip file to your SOS Server Machine.

2. Close the Server Manager application if it is running

3. Rename your existing 4.0 ServerMgr.exe to ServerMgr.old

4. Copy the ServerMgr.exe located in the ServerMgr_401.zip file to your SOS 4.0 Server installation directory

5. Restart the Server Manager
Attachments
ServerMgr_401.zip
(121.66 KiB) Downloaded 1084 times
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC