Deactivating a milestone

This forum is now locked, since gold support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

kbonnin

Deactivating a milestone

Post by kbonnin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:33 pm

Greetings,

I've got many long-dead milestones, and when I try to deactivate one, I get:

Unable to de-activeate the this milestone. There are still open and/or completed items associated with this Milestone.

I did a query on the milestone, and they are all marked "Closed". I even did a search on all but "Closed", and the results where empty.

???

thanks! Ken

SourceGear Dragnet
Version 1.0.7.1379

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:48 am

A status value of "Closed" may not mean "Closed" to Dragnet.

Log in as Admin and choose the Database link on the right, to view your Database Options.

You'll see the Database values (the names given to various statuses), and the Status Type. A bug is not considered closed unless the the Status Type is "Closed." If you're using "Closed" as value, then verify that the Status Type is also "Closed."

From Dragnet Help:
Status Types
There are three different status types – Open, Pending, and Closed. By default, the Open status value has the status type Open, the Completed status value has the status type Pending and the Unconfirmed, Verified, Invalid, Disregard and Duplicate status values have the status type Closed.

Open – The Open Status Type means that the status value is considered open and items that have that status value considered open. These will appear on the Open Tab* of the Open and My Open pages and will be counted as open on the At-A-Glance and summary pages.

Pending – The Pending Status Type means pending verification. Items with a status value that is defined as Pending will appear on the Completed Tab* of the Open and My Open pages and will be counted as unresolved on the At-A-Glance page.

Closed – The Closed Status Type means a resolution has been found. These items are considered resolved and no longer appear in any of the summaries lists or open pages.

The Status Type associated to each status value can be changed to suit your needs with the exception of the Open status value which will always have a Status Type of Open and the Completed status value which will always have a Status Type of Pending.

All newly added items will automatically be assigned a Status Value of Open.

Milestones that contain items with Status Types Open or Pending cannot be de-activated. You must assign all items in a Milestone a Status value with a Closed status type before marking a Milestone inactive.

Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

kbonnin

Post by kbonnin » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:06 pm

Linda,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I conceptually get "closed" isn't always "closed", but it is a bit confusing, and have corrected the issue.

It took quite a bit of time - I have over 1300 items marked "closed/pending" and since it was the second status item, for some reason could not change the type from pending to closed. So I created "Closed1" as type closed, did a search/replace on a project-by-project basis, then repurposed the old "closed/pending" to something else, then renamed "Closed1" to "Closed".

thanks!

Ken