FailFileInvalidCheckSum errors when importing a VSS DB

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mraming

FailFileInvalidCheckSum errors when importing a VSS DB

Post by mraming » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to import a Visual Source Safe repository into an existing Vault repository using the VSS Import tool. I'm getting lots of errors like this one:

Transaction failed
Upload for item $/IDM Import/IDM/3.6/Applications/CasingWear/Plot2D.cls failed too many times, aborting transaction.
Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.
The specific error was "The server returned an unknown error header: VaultFileUpload.aspx encountered: FailFileInvalidCheckSum"
An exception was encountered during the transaction. Exception: The server returned an unknown error header: VaultFileUpload.aspx encountered: FailFileInvalidCheckSum at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UploadItem(ChangeSetItem item, String txID, Byte[]& streamBuffer, Int32& bytesWrittenThisFile, Boolean bIsImport)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UploadThread.ProcessCommand(UploadThreadCommand command, UploadThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

A good 5000 of those on 1 VSS database, a few hundred on another one.

I'm running Vault version 3.1.9.3798 on a Windows 2000 server with all the latest patches from Microsoft. I'm running the VSS Import tool on a W2K3r2 server with W2K3 SP2 installed. VSSImport.exe is version 3.1.9.3798. The Vault Client is also version 3.1.9.3798

I have this Vault server running for several years without any problems. However, I had not used the VSS Import tool before. I was initially running version 3.1.7 of vault when I tried the import. Since I got the same error, I decided to upgrade to version 3.1.9 in the hope that this was a bug that has since been fixed. No such luck :-(

Appreciate prompt resolution to this problem - I'm trying to convince a client to migrate their VSS databases to Vault. However, not having a robust / reliable migration path would prevent us from migrating - we're using sharing (of files in VSS) extensively and also cannot afford to lose our history.
Attachments
VSS Import Erros.zip
Zip file contains
- Full error log shown in the VSSImport tool
- Vault Sever log from the time I was running the import
(48.57 KiB) Downloaded 411 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:29 pm

This customer also contacted via email and we are working on this issue offline.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager