An unknown error occurred while accessing an unnamed file.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jheady

Post by jheady » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:21 am

The following error is shown while attempting Get Latest on a file in SOS after check-in has occurred in local VSS without incident:

Code: Select all

SOS version 3.5.1
Windows 2000 SP 5
VSS version 6.0d

I have restarted the service for SS, however the off-site application is not the same server (i.e. SOS db on machine1, SOS on backup webserver machine2, VSS on production/development box machine3 in office). The strange part is that the file is still updated on the web server, however SOS still shows the file as status "old", while VSS shows file status w/o flag (or current version).

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:06 pm

Is this error on the SOS Client side?

Is there anything in the SOS Server log that corresponds to the client side error? The log is log.txt and is in the SOS Server directory.

Does this happpen for a particular file or any file?

Is this a new problem?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jheady

Post by jheady » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:27 pm

The error seen on the SOS client side is what was included with the first post. This error is not seen on the SS server itself but rather SOS in our server environment and not within the dev side VSS clients.

This is an old issue that has not been seen in a few months. Our prior network engineer had a fix in place, however I do not know what that was.

As far as particular file or files, I have seen this occur with two different files in the last two days, one is a style sheet and the other was an ASP file I believe. If I entirely delete the file from SS and add it again, then get latest, the error is still seen.

I found the following ambiguous issues in the log:

Connection Established
Error processing client message
Connection Established
User "null" disconnected
Then later in the log/day:

Thread Thread-2 is now the alpha thread
Thread Thread-2 is trying to disconnect - idling the thread ...

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:05 am

Connection Established
Connection Established
User "null" disconnected
This means that the server is getting a message it does not recognize, and the connection is broken before the user name is passed.

This usually means some sort of network issue or possibly the antivirus software is interfering with the connection.

Is this reproducible? If so, please enable verbose logging for the SourceOffSite Server, reproduce the error, and e-mail a copy of the log to Linda at SourceGear.com.

Instructions on enabling verbose logging here:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jheady

Post by jheady » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:20 am

lbauer wrote:
Connection Established
Connection Established
User "null" disconnected
This means that the server is getting a message it does not recognize, and the connection is broken before the user name is passed.

This usually means some sort of network issue or possibly the antivirus software is interfering with the connection.

Is this reproducible? If so, please enable verbose logging for the SourceOffSite Server, reproduce the error, and e-mail a copy of the log to Linda at SourceGear.com.

Instructions on enabling verbose logging here:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463

I turned on verbose logging after my last post and attempted to reproduce this, but it did not appear to be directly related to the error I was seeing with 'unknown error in unnamed file'. I will enable verbose logging again and see if the day's activities reproduce the same issue and if it can be traced to a specific user's actions or client. Thank you for your assistance.