Project Admin tab not available

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Marcel

Project Admin tab not available

Post by Marcel » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:33 am

Hello SourceGear,

When we add a project to the Item Tracking database using Fortress 1.0.1, we cannot enter the Project Admin tab. It is simply not available. As I understand from your documentation I found elsewhere, the Project Admin tab should be visible when clicking on the project in the projects overview. But all that is shown, is the recent items page. At the top of the page the tabs 'item tracking', 'sourcecode control' and 'admin' are listed, but not the 'project admin' tab. When I look into the groups, I don't see any specific project-related groups (e.g. project admin group). I do not want to install Fortress again, since our IT department handles the installation and update proces and they are acting very slow.... :(
Is there something that we are doing wrong or is there some kind of trick to repair the 'project admin' pages / behaviour ?

Best regards,
Marcel

Marcel

Solved!

Post by Marcel » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:05 am

Sorry. The admin tab IS the project admin tab. I was looking for the way to define the project administrator, but this is done via the 'project access' link of the specific project listed on the left of the page (item tracking projects). I was confused with DragNet which created new groups (including the project admin group) for every project. Seems Fortress handles this better. Nice improvement! :P

Regards,
Marcel