SOS 4.0 is not restarting

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

kiran.mysore

SOS 4.0 is not restarting

Post by kiran.mysore » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:37 am

I am trying to restart the SOS 4.0 but it is not restarting . It popups a window saying " SOS server 4.0 service on Local computer started and then stopped . Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example Performance logs and Alert Services".
If I go to the event viwer and see the Log it has the following message

"Service cannot be started. System.Exception: Error starting the 'SOS 4' server. Please check the server log for more details.
at ClassicService.ClassicService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)"

Can some body help me regarding this, as I am not able to do anything regarding right now........

Very Thanks in advance.......

Kiran
Attachments
error restarting SOS.JPG
error restarting SOS.JPG (16.63 KiB) Viewed 3973 times
eventviewer log.JPG
eventviewer log.JPG (36.78 KiB) Viewed 3973 times

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 am

Can you check your SOS server log for errors? The SourceOffSite log file (log.txt) is located on the machine where the SOS server resides in this path C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite Server. Or you can post it here if you'd like or send it to me at support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this post.

The most common reason I've seen for that is that it can't find the VSS database. On the server, open the SOS Server Manager (it's in the SOS menu under start) and check the databases listed on the database tab. Are the paths valid? Are they on the same machine or a different machine?