Add verified items to "Projects At-A-Glance".

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Marcel

Add verified items to "Projects At-A-Glance".

Post by Marcel » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:18 am

The projects At-a-glance overview shows the open and unresolved items for a selected project. The verified items however, are not shown. If I want to see those, I have to run a separate query each time(!)

I think it would be very practical, when the verified items are also shown in the projects At-A-Glance overview. This is the "Item Tracking" main screen and the project "Summaries - At-A-Glance" overview.

I noticed there was some related discussion in this topic:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=5598

But adding the (3rd) "verified" tab to the "Open" or "My Open" list seems rather confusing, since these lists show items whereat work needs to be done (open). Adding the "verified" tab to the projects At-a-glance overview would solve this issue.

One other remark I have to make here, is the inconsistent naming of the status types in Fortress/DragNet. When a user renames the status types, it is confusing when Fortress still uses the old or another naming convention. In Projects At-A-Glance: "Unresolved" and "My Unresolved" should match the name of the status value "Completed" (and "My Completed"), just like it's done in the "Open" and "My Open" list.
Of course this also applies to the 3rd tab when added.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:19 pm

I'll get this all logged or add your vote to the feature requests. Thanks for the feedback.

Marcel

Re: Add verified items to "Projects At-A-Glance".

Post by Marcel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:28 am

This post does not reflect the topic title, but lists another item mentioned in my original post (last paragraph). The post mentiones the inconsistent naming of the status types in Fortress. This inconsistent naming is also visible on the checkin dialog in the Fortress Client. The dialog shows a "Mark Completed" checkbox in the "Update Bugs" section. This is very confusing for us, since we renamed the status value "Completed" to "Test" and "Verified" to "Closed". Developers now think that "Mark Completed" means "Mark Closed". It would be better if the dialog showed something like "Mark as Test".