Projects dropdown includes inactive project.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

edberg

Projects dropdown includes inactive project.

Post by edberg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:56 am

Hi,

I have several inactive projects in my fortress installation. When I press the [Item Tracking] tab, it only displays the active projects, which is what I would expect.

However if enter one of the projects then a dropdown list is displayed below the [Item Tracking] tab next to the bread crumbs. This dropdown list also includes all of the inactive projects. I would expect this to only show the active projects.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:52 am

I see what you are saying. One can select that and look at things from the inactive project if they have access. If you remove a person's access to that project, then it won't be seen in that drop-down.

I can put in a request to change that, but I'm not sure it's wise to remove the capability to reference back to other projects when needed. I could see that ability being useful. Just let me know if you'd like it entered as a request. In the meantime, I'd say remove users' access to that project.

Breadcrumbs?? :?

edberg

Post by edberg » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:51 pm

I have removed access to the projects and now the dropdown looks like what I would expect. As long as you can get around it there no need to change it, I can see the usefullness of both scenarios.

Breadcrumbs = information about your current location within the website.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrumb_(navigation)