The Fortress and Vault Client for Dreamweaver is not necessarily configured by the installation routines. Due to multiple file locations of Dreamweaver installations, this step may be a manual process.
For each supported version of Dreamweaver, you must:
- Locate the Vault_DWIDE.dll within the Fortress or Vault client installation. By default this can be found in the Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client\ or Program Files\SourceGear\Fortress Client\ directories.
- Copy the file to the Dreamweaver SourceControl Directory. Depending on the Dreamweaver version, this folder can be in different locations:
- Dreamweaver MX 2004 - Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia\2004\SourceControl
- Dreamweaver 8 - Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia\8\SourceControl
- Dreamweaver CS3 - Dreamweaver_Install_Dir\Configuration\SourceControl
Finally, if you wish to turn on any client logging made by the Fortress or Vault Client for Dreamweaver, find the hive key, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear\Vault\Client\Dreamweaver or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear\Fortress\Client\Dreamweaver, and create a string value named LogFile. The value for this would be the path and name of a log file ( e.g. c:\DW_Log.txt ).
2) Dreamweaver settings -
The Fortress and Vault Clients for Dreamweaver store information regarding Sites in the hive key, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear\Vault\Client\Dreamweaver or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceGear\Fortress\Client\Dreamweaver. The sub hive keys contain the information regarding the logged in user's Server setting information for a particular Site. Things like the Repository path, Server hostname, and other values can be found in this registry hive key. Please note, the Site name will be unique across ALL Dreamweaver installations, so a Site "MySite" on Dreamweaver 8 will also use the connection information for the Site "MySite" on Dreamweaver CS3".
Additionally, the Fortress / Vault Clients for Dreamweaver store information regarding Dreamweaver integration settings in a file named VaultDWIDE.config. This file contains information regarding registry information and .NET Framework settings required for integration with Dreamweaver.
3) Fortress / Vault Client for Dreamweaver usage:
When first configuring a Site for integration, you need to configure the Remote Server through the Site Definition dialog.
- Open up the Site Definition dialog.
- Click the the "Remote Info" category.
- On the Remote Info configuration, there is a drop down list for access. Choose SourceGear Vault or SourceGear Fortress.
- The button for Settings is used to control connection settings for the user, Server hostname, Login Profile, and possible working folder assignments.
- Click OK to save the Remote Info settings.
After this setup has been completed, you would use Dreamweaver's Version Control features to interact with your files within the Fortress or Vault repository.
Trouble Shooting Problems
If for some reason, the Client for Dreamweaver does not appear to be working, turn on the client log file. See the Configuration above about enabling the Dreamweaver client log. The information logged there should help troubleshoot any problems.
Error Msg: "...failed to load the .NET runtime. HRESULT (2148734720)" This error is triggered when the Client for Dreamweaver failed to load the .NET Framework DLL. HRESULT 2148734720 is the CLR_E_SHIM_RUNTIMELOAD: Failed to load the runtime. error message.
This can be caused by a .NET configuration issue with Dreamweaver. Examine your system for installed .NET Frameworks. Sometimes modifying the value in the VaultDWIDE.config file for the dotnetframework element will be required. For example, if you only have the 2.0 .NET Framework version installed on your system, you can change the default of 1.1.4322 to 2.0.50727. Basically you'll want to match versions of the CLR engine which should be loaded by the Vault Dreamweaver IDE client.