VS 2008 - Checkin Freezes VS

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

cisco.hdz

Post by cisco.hdz » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:41 pm

ian_sg wrote:I'm glad that did it. We can and should handle this better: I've logged a bug that will likely be fixed for the next maintenance release.
Thanks for the help ian. I'm suprised this wasn't a common bug but then again i was unable to find a second screen where i was. glad to hear it will be addressed.

rajahdonalt

Re: VS 2008 - Checkin Freezes VS

Post by rajahdonalt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Just FYI, this issue also exists in SourceGear Vault 5.0.1. Starting a few days ago, anywhere I clicked in the Vault Client would produce a "ding" (just like the modal dialog ding described in this thread). There was no evidence of a dialog window and it didn't prevent me from doing work - I could still check things in and out, etc, it was just incredibly annoying. I found this thread and looked for dialog settings in the corresponding Vault registry folder:
HKCU\Software\SourceGear\Vault\Client\Settings
There were 3 keys at the bottom in the format Vsip...Dialog. I deleted all 3 keys, restarted the VaultClient, and the annoying ding is gone. Hopefully this helps someone else having this issue.

Beth

Re: VS 2008 - Checkin Freezes VS

Post by Beth » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:26 am

Thank you for your report. We will run a few tests again on this to see if we can reproduce it.

F: 14109
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support