Vault Client in error loop

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jsynoski

Vault Client in error loop

Post by jsynoski » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:59 am

One of our developers is trying to do a Get Latest Version on his laptop. project1.jpg is the folder in question. The screen capture is from my machine not the laptop.

Just prior to GetLatest, I wiped the contents of his _sgvault folder, hopefully removing any cache files. When he restarted Vault all the files had an Unknown status.

Madrice1.jpg is a screenshot from the laptop. Once Vault starts the Exception 2100 error sequence, it ignores all input and the only way to close it is with Task Manager.

Madrice1.txt is a copy of the server log for the time period involved. It appears that the server and the laptop clocks might be out of step.

As an aside, doing a Get Latest has taken an extremely long time of finish, 1/2 hour or more, on other machines over the last couple of days. Usually seaport.rts is involved with these Get latest's . Don't know if this is related to the Exception 2100 error but just thought you should know.

Jim Synoski

BTW: Is there a way to upload jpg's without them "showing" in the message ?
Attachments
Madrice1.jpg
Madrice1.jpg (211.91 KiB) Viewed 3291 times
madrice1.txt
(149.4 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
project1.jpg
project1.jpg (140.3 KiB) Viewed 3291 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:38 am

Is the user maguy?

The server seems to be working properly. The error "FailExistingDownload" is most likely a network issue.

Is only the one user affected? Are other users able to retrieve these files?

Could there be a proxy, firewall or other device interfering with the download?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jsynoski

Post by jsynoski » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:51 am

Is the user maguy?
Yes
Is only the one user affected? Are other users able to retrieve these files?

Could there be a proxy, firewall or other device interfering with the download?
maguy is the only one getting the error. The laptop is his home machine and not setup for the domain, but is plugged into the office network. He is apparently running McAfee firewall. If timing is an issue then solving the problem below might just solve his problem.

I tried setting a temp working directory and did a Get Latest on my machine and it succeeded HOWEVER the process paused for 8 minutes at one point. In the attached madrice2.txt file I've copied the Vault client messages and the server log entries. User: jsynoski There seems to be a 3 minute difference between the server clock and the real world.

The area of interest is
[1/19/2006 11:47:02 AM] Fetched $/X-Core Facility and Package Files/Seaport Wizard/IPMsg.dll
[1/19/2006 11:55:35 AM] Fetched $/X-Core Facility and Package Files/Seaport Wizard/se.exe

All other retrievals were very quick
Attachments
madrice2.txt
(64.67 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
Jim Synoski
Regal Decision Systems
Fortress client is version 2.0.1.18729

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 pm

I'm not sure this is relevant, but I worked on a case where McAfee AV was wreaking havoc with large files.

It may not help, but you mway want to review the thread - Set working folder fails
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear