File keeps renegade status even if use get latest overwrite

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

robe070

File keeps renegade status even if use get latest overwrite

Post by robe070 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:01 pm

Attached is a VaultGUIClient.txt log file (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F12)

Any ideas why this occurs? The file should just be overwritten.

Only happens on the one PC

We also tried really making it renegade - modified the local file - and when did get latest overwrite the file was overwritten but the status still stayed as renegade.

The option for detecting modified files using CRC is checked on for all our PCs. < 10 MB and the file is way smaller than that.
Attachments
VaultGUIClient.txt
(219.8 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
regards

Rob Goodridge
LANSA Pty Ltd
Software Made Simple
Vault 5.0.3

lbauer

Re: File keeps renegade status even if use get latest overwr

Post by lbauer » Tue May 29, 2012 9:01 pm

It's possible the file baseline isn't being updated. Baselines are stored in the _sgvault folder. The _sgvault folder is usually in the user's local setting folder, such as C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client\{repository GUID}\{vaultuser}

On Windows 7, it's AppData\Local\Sourcegear\Vault_1\Client\{repository-guid}\{vaultuser}\

Or it may be configured to be in the working folder, through Vault client options->Local Files.

You could find that folder and rename it. File status will be Unknown. Then do a Get Latest on the file to see if the status becomes "blank."
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

robe070

Post by robe070 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:35 pm

That fixes it - renaming _sgvault.

But how did it get that way?
regards

Rob Goodridge
LANSA Pty Ltd
Software Made Simple
Vault 5.0.3

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed May 30, 2012 9:04 am

I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect it may have been a bad baseline file or problem overwriting the baseline file.

Whenever you do a Get Latest, Vault Client gets a copy to the working directory and also gets a copy of the latest file to use as a baseline. Baselines are stored in the _sgvault folder. In order to determine file status, the Vault client compares the baseline file with the file on in the working directory and if something has changed, the file status changes. Renegade means modified but not checked out. Edited is modified and checked out, if you are using VSS mode.

If you're using CVS mode, files are not checked out before editing, and a modified file has Edited status.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

kozchris

Post by kozchris » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:10 am

I had to revert my Windows VM to an earlier version and all my Vault file status' were showing up as renegade. Renaming the Client folder:
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Sourcegear\Vault_1\Client
(and later deleting the renamed folder after I performed a get latest) resolved the issue for me. Thanks for the tip.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:17 am

Glad that helped!

Yes, rolling back a VM on an app like Vault, which relies on a certain amount of synchronization, can cause unexpected results.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear