Invalid password error when I connect to new server

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

popezilla

Invalid password error when I connect to new server

Post by popezilla » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:03 am

I am in the process of moving sites on an old web server to a new one. One of the sites is vault.

I installed vault on the new server and kept the database on a seperate server. During installation, I used a custom domain account for access to the SQL Server. This is the same domain account on the old server. The old server works without problem.

I can connect to the vault server using the admin tool, just not with any user account. All user accounts are authenticated via active directory and so I'd bet that vault cannot read AD to authenticate the user.

I do have sharepoint on this same server (as I do the old server). I read the instructions and I have vault configured on its own web site homed outside of the inetpub\wwwroot directory.

This is the error message I get when connecting from the vault client:

The username or password supplied is invalid.

When I repoint the vault client to the old server, it connects without troub.e

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:11 am

When you installed Vault to the new server, did you configure the name of the Active Directory domain in the Admin Tool, in the Server Options tab?

This setting is in a config file, which was was reset when you re-installed.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

popezilla

Configured the domain and now it works

Post by popezilla » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:45 am

I did not have that setting configured. I configured it and it works now.

I looked at the article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2953

But the article is confusing. It referes to something called the 'Domain Security Policy' tool. Which doesn't exist on this server. The server does, however, have a 'Local Security Policy' tool.

In any case, I didn't follow the article on the new or the old server. Both are up and running now.

Thanks for your help.