Problem with checked out files

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Zon

Problem with checked out files

Post by Zon » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:55 am

I work with a laptop and connect through different methods

Normal Lan
VPN Over wireless on local lan
VPN Over internet

The problem I am having is checking out files on one network then stops me from checking the files on the other network. All I can think the software is doing is basing it off my ip address or mac address which of course changes alot since I am working from different areas.

What I was wondering is it possible for it to use a resolved machine name instead as this never changes?

I am currently using version 3.1.9.3798

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:05 pm

Have you tried Clearing the Client Side Cache in between networks?

Do you know if your Vault Server has the Use Reverse DNS option checked in the Admin tool?

You aren't having any problems logging in from any location? Is this happening when using Vault alone, or is this with IDE integration with Visual Studio?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:10 pm

Zon, are you changing domains between networks? If so, then that is causing the issue as the combination domain / hostname is one of the keys to the checkout. A change in domain causes the client to say that file has not been checked out on this domain/host.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Zon

Post by Zon » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:50 am

Checked my options yes Use Reverse look up is on

The server is a windows 2003 server but not the PDC but ofc the pdc is a DNS server

I am always using the same domain

Next time I get the problem I will try clearing the client cache will let you know if that works or not