Some more 1.0.1 problems

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mschoneman

Some more 1.0.1 problems

Post by mschoneman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:38 am

When I try to checkout my solution using the pre-release 1.0.1 client, I still get an error message the checkout failing because I already have some of the files checked out (I didn't have any checked out before I tried to checkout the solution). In the Fortress output window I see a number of errors:

Check out failed for $/Project/GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs: You already have the file checked out.

GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs is a solution item that is linked into each project.

I also see the same message for a number of the .csproj files in the solution (which are in solution folders).

When I try to do an Undo Checkout I get:

An error has occured. The error message is:
A database error has occured (FailDBFault)

If there's any other info you need, just let me know.

-Michael O. Schoneman

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:51 am

The FailDBFault is the thing which concerns me the most. Can you look in your Vault server log file to find out more about the error?

mschoneman

Post by mschoneman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:27 pm

----6/11/2007 11:34:33 AM mschoneman--192.168.1.250(192.168.1.250)--SSL Enabled System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__#releaselistitem__29D71569'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.#releaselistitems'.
The statement has been terminated.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSCC.ReleaseLocks(VaultSqlConn conn, Int32 nUserID, String strHostname, Int32 nRepID, String strXml) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSCC.ReleaseLocks(VaultSqlConn conn, Int32 nUserID, String strHostname, Int32 nRepID, String strXml)
----6/11/2007 11:34:33 AM mschoneman--192.168.1.250(192.168.1.250)--SSL Enabled VaultLib.VaultRequestUndoCheckOut returned: FailDBFault

The last line is repeat a large number of times.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:05 pm

We'd like to see your full server log or the archive of the last log if there's not much more in the current log.

Also, we'd like to know the results of this SQL query:

select * from sgvault.dbo.tblcheckoutlistitems cli
INNER JOIN sgmaster.dbo.users u
ON cli.userid = u.userid
WHERE u.name = 'mschoneman'

Also, send us this file: Cachemember_checkoutlist from your user profile->Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\Fortress_1\Client\GUID\mschoneman

Please send it to support@sourcegear.com ATTN: Linda
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mschoneman

Post by mschoneman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:20 pm

I've sent you the files you requested.

mschoneman

Still getting these errors

Post by mschoneman » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:54 pm

I've updated both the server and the client to the released 1.0.1 version and am still seeing these errors.

Also when I try to check-in the whole solution it fails, saying that GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs caused the transaction to fail.

If you need any further info, let me know.

-Michael O. Schoneman

drmccue

follow-up

Post by drmccue » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:29 pm

Michael,

I've responded via our support tracking system with a request for server log information.

Thanks,
Dan McCue
SourceGear