Admin bug? Handoff sources

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

JohnS

Admin bug? Handoff sources

Post by JohnS » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:51 pm

I'm trying to add a handoff source in the Admin page. When I click Handoff Sources, there are no external source. I click Add, and I get an empty page. The page has scroll bars, and if I scroll down I see "Click here for some tips..." so the problem is that the page is not giving this section enough space to be displayed.

I would attach a screen shot, but it looks like I could only do that if I put the image on web server somewhere.

Thanks,
John

jeremy_sg

Re: Admin bug? Handoff sources

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:18 pm

It would really help to see a screenshot. Please email it to: support at sourcegear.com ATTN: jeremy with a link to this thread.

Also, which browser are you using?
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:25 pm

I sent the screen shot as requested. The Internet Explorer is version 6.0.3790 which presumably came with the Windows Server 2003 that Vault is running on.

Thanks,
John

JohnS

Post by JohnS » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:52 am

This is another, related bug report. After adding one handoff source, click Handoff Sources on the left-hand panel of the Admin UI. The page is fine (HandoffBefore.jpg). Now click Operations. The new page element needs to be larger, but the page's container has not been resized, so much like the original bug, you've got scroll bars now and cannot see the Operations menu that was added (HandoffAfter.jpg). Screen shots sent to Jeremy.

John

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:25 am

We've verified that this is only a bug with the display in IE 6. Newer versions of IE and Firefox do not have this issue. I will make sure that we address this issue for 5.0.2.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog