VS2005 Add Solution doesn't work on new install

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Wolthuis

VS2005 Add Solution doesn't work on new install

Post by Wolthuis » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 am

I just installed Vault pro. The stand alone client interface seems to work allowing me to log on and create a new directory. I assume that the install created the "Add solution to source control..." item in Visual Studio 2005 Standard. When I click that item nothing seems to happen and if I go back to solution context menu it no longer appears.

Here is some info on my setup:
  • Client - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Server - Windows 7 Pro 32-bit
    SQL Server - Windows XP Pro with SQL Standard 2005
Is that the correct way to hook up to Vault Pro in Visual Studio 2005 or am I missing something? Is there something else I need to install to make if work with VS2005? Any ideas?

lbauer

Re: VS2005 Add Solution doesn't work on new install

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 am

In Visual Studio, look under Tools->Options->Source Control. Is a Source Control Plugin selected?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Wolthuis

Post by Wolthuis » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 pm

I knew there was something obvious I was missing. I assumed that the install would have found Visual Studio for me and done what was necessary but now I realize that Visual Studio knew about Vault and I just needed to tell VS that I wanted to use it. Seems like its working now. Thanks for your help.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks for the update. There are two options for integration with Visual Studio:
Classic Client integration and Enhanced Client integration. Here's info on Enhanced Client integration:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=9672
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager