Get specific label using the CruiseControl.net plugin

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
BrhineScot

Get specific label using the CruiseControl.net plugin

Post by BrhineScot » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Is there a way to get a specific label using the CruiseControl.net plugin. I have a continuous integration project and another staging project that is used to push specific builds to the staging server. With SVN I could easily do it with the plugin and I believe it could be done with the old vault cruise control plugin using the -GETLABEL $[BuildNumber] command line parameter.

The new plugin on the downloads page does not have an <executable/> node and I cannot see any other way of fetching a specific label. I have the ccnet project set up to ask for a BuildNumber integer parameter.

Beth

Re: Get specific label using the CruiseControl.net plugin

Post by Beth » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:17 am

Were you using the Vault command line in the past with CC.Net?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

BrhineScot

Post by BrhineScot » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:32 am

I do not think I ever got it to work. In the past and for another clients who used SVN I was able to force the staging project, enter the build number from the continuous project and ccnet would get the label, build, and publish to the staging environment. I am hoping there is a way to do it with Vault. If I have to use the command line that is acceptable, but I was hoping to use the plugin. Any help, plugin or otherise to get it to work would be great.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:52 am

It's possible to apply a label in the CC.NET plugin, but it's not possible to Get on a label. You would have to use the command-line for that.

Documentation of the command line can be found here: http://download.sourcegear.com/misc/vau ... nt/clc.htm

Examples can be found here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=15235

If it isn't getting a label for you on something you have currently written, let me know and we can troubleshoot that.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support