Message: This request requires buffering of data for auth...

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Ceri

Message: This request requires buffering of data for auth...

Post by Ceri » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:47 am

Hi,

I get the following message (This request requires buffering of data for authentication or redirection to be successful) after upgrading to Vault 2.0 from 1.2.2. I did manage to add 1 solution to the vault after the upgrade and also check out some files, but then after that I could not add any more solutions or check in files. My server is on the same switch as the clients so there is not firewall or proxy involved and I also tried giving the IIS Anon users access to the VaultService directory (seen this suggestion on another post) at no avail.

Regards,
Ceri

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:26 am

Try the suggestions in this KB article, even though you have no proxy:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=78

One of our users had both Vault Server and Vault Client on the same machine and had a problem checking in files. The registry edit worked in that situation, so it's worthwhile to try this if you can't check in files.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jmueller

Yes, but why?

Post by jmueller » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:26 pm

I'm in the same situation as Ceri. I upgraded from Vault 1.2.1 to 2.0.1, and now I'm getting the "This request requires buffering of data for authentication or redirection to be successful" message when I try to commit changes.

I tried making the suggested registry change, and that did get rid of the error for me. However, do I really need to edit the registry on every user's desktop in order to get Vault working, when all I did was upgrade? Why is this happening? I'm not using any kind of proxy - just connecting directly over a LAN to a Windows 2003 server. There's no reason I can think of for chunked-encoding to fail.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:24 pm

The true cause of the problem is probably that the VaultService virtual directory in IIS doesn't have anonymous authentication enabled. Because Vault handles its own authentication, it's not necessary to disable anonymous access in the Vault virtual directory. This usually happens because of someone running IISLockdown on the vault server.