SOS 3.5.3 hanging, and pinning problems.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

slf06

SOS 3.5.3 hanging, and pinning problems.

Post by slf06 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:21 pm

SOS 3.5.3 has been hanging on login, and we are having pinning problems as well. I am currently running VSS 6.0 with
SP-6 for VSS, this brings my VSS version to 6.0D, however after running SP-6 my ssapi.dll version is 6.0.31222.0. The KB article for concurrecy crashes states the version 6.0D version of VSS with a ssapi.dll version ending in 98.48. Does this mean I should not perform the registry fix
for the concurrecy crahes?? This is becomming a huge problem for my
business. We are running 5 VSS databases.

corey

Post by corey » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:03 pm

I'd still suggest trying the registry fix to see if it helps. If it doesn't, you can always revert back.

Has this problem been occurring for a long time or has it just recently started? For how long have you been running SOS on that server machine?

If the registry change doesn't help, I may need to see your server's log file to see if something else might be occuring.
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:28 pm

I completely re-installed all 5 of my VSS databases, by moving the data dirs and users dirs and user.txt dirs to another physical drive, I un-installed VSS, wiped out all registry keys, I also did this with SOS server and client. I then re-installed VSS, created the 4 additional databases,
and then moved all the data dirs and user dirs back to the original drive,
I loaded VSS SP-6 this brings my ssapi.dll to the version I mentioned earlier, applied the registry fix. Re-installed SOS server & client. I did this
Saturday night. So far so good, I have overseas developers who work at night so I am not sure if we still have a pinning problem or not. The log file
looks good though, nothing unusual.