No pins visible through SOS

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mmcbride

No pins visible through SOS

Post by mmcbride » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:05 am

Hello, we are having the problem that pins are not visible through SOS clients. (I know they used to be on our old SOS server which had 3.5.)

We now have a new server with SourceOffSite version 4.0.2 and the pins are not visible through client versions 4.0.2 or 3.5.2. SourceSafe on the server is version 6.0d (Build 31222 - which comes with Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 6). So the ssapi.dll is version 6.0.31222.0. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{783CD4E4-9D54-11CF-B8EE-00608CC9A71F}\InprocServer32 "ThreadingModel" Key is set to "Both".

Any ideas? It is very confusing because when you do a get latest version there is nothing to indicate that you are getting a pinned version or which version is pinned.

Thank you,
mmcbride

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:13 pm

Not sure what the problem is. We have had reports of pins disappearing with certain versions of the VSS automation component (ssapi.dll). But I pinned some files in VSS and then viewed them in both SOS 3.5.3 and SOS 4.1. I used ssapi.dll is version 6.0.31222.0.

So, it might be minor database corruption. You can try running Analyze.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=50

Even better, archive the node(s) that are problematic and restore them. That tends to clean things up a lot.

If you continue to experience problems, we'd need to see an actual archive with some files that should be showing pins, but aren't. You can email to support@sourcegear.com
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager