Visual Studio .NET Projects- Multiple VSS databases??

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

MichaelKlein

Visual Studio .NET Projects- Multiple VSS databases??

Post by MichaelKlein » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:32 am

I would like to know if what I am experiencing is normal - or if this is just a setting..

I am using sourceoffsite with Visual Studio .NET. As a developer, I typically have more than one Visual Studio .NET session open. I have run into problems opening up more than one .NET project with SOS when the projects are in different VSS databases... It seems that I am only allowed one SOS/VSS connection to a particular VSS database at a time.

I can use the SOS client to connect to another VSS database, however the SOS/VSS connection to the previous database/project that I opened is now disconnected..

Is this normal (one SOS/VSS connection at a time?)?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:54 pm

You should be able to run more than one instance of SOS on your machine.

Could you give me more details, such as do you lose connection right away after you make the second connection? Are you having the problem with both VS.Net and the SOS Client?

Do other users have the same problem? Does a firewall exists between the SourceOffSite Server and the Client?

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:59 pm

The connection is lost/closed as soon as the other one is open. This applies to both VS.NET and SOS Client. This is over a VPN connection. I have tried SourceAnywhere and this problem does not happen...

TonyKInTexas

Post by TonyKInTexas » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:45 am

My thoughts are it is the interaction between SOS and Visual Studio.