WSACancelBlockingCall?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

TonyKInTexas

WSACancelBlockingCall?

Post by TonyKInTexas » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:58 am

Morning,

I am seeing a lot of entries in my log.txt file. Here is a sample

7/21/2005 6:16:31 AM - 247: Exception: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall
7/21/2005 6:16:31 AM - 232: Exception: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall
7/21/2005 6:16:31 AM - 261: Exception: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall

There are 76 instances of this since midnight. I am guessing the XXX: is the thread number that is causing the exception.

Linda, what could cause "A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall"?

Thanks,

Tony

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:17 am

What other symptoms to you see? Are your SOS Clients hanging? Does the SOS Server need to be restarted.

We see this error a lot when users are experiencing a concurrency crash in the VSS Automation Component, which is used by the SOS Server.

Here's more info:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1866
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Indiana

4.1.2 SOS Service Not Starting on Windows 2003 Server

Post by Indiana » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:22 am

Hello,

I have recently (about a month ago) setup a new Windows 2003 server and have transfered SourceOffSite from a Windows 2000 server. I have SOS 4.1.2 (with Cryptography) installed. The demo license expired and I replaced the demo license with the permanent license stopped the service and tried to re-start it. (so it was working before the demo license expired)

After re-starting the service, I received the following error "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." as in the post: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=5256

I believe I have MS .Net Framework v1.1 installed however I'm not completely certain. If I go to Add/Remove programs NS .Net Framework v2.0 is listed, however v1.1 is not. If I try to install v1.1 it says that it is already installed.

I am also receiving the following message: "Exception: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall" in the SOS log.txt file. Snippit of the log file below.

3/7/2006 9:35:52 AM - Stopping the service.
3/7/2006 9:35:52 AM - 21: Exception: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

I have attached the log.txt file as well in case that helps.

Thanks, Brian
Attachments
log.txt
(92.04 KiB) Downloaded 759 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:13 pm

Any ideas on what the problem may be?
What problem are you experiencing currently? From the log, it looks like the service has been running without a restart since Feb. 21. Is this correct? Is restarting the service still an issue?

The last entry in the log is something we often see when there is a concurrency crash:
3/7/2006 9:35:52 AM - 21: Exception: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall
This is due to a bug in the SourceSafe Automation Component, which the SOS Server uses to communicate with the VSS database.

See this KB article for a possible fix:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1866

Post back if this doesn't resolve the issue.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Indiana

Post by Indiana » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:24 pm

Linda,

Currently, I cannot start the SOS service. I received the following error "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

I have also previously tried setting the changes in the following post as you suggested: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10 and that change didn't make a difference. (We are using VSS 6.0d).

The log file has not been updated since the time I shut the service down to pick up the permanent licenses and received the errors "Exception: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall".

It's my understanding that the topic: "http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=384" doesn't apply since we're using 4.1.2. There are dual network cards on this machine.

Thanks, Brian

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:37 pm

You may be encountering an issue with SOS Server and the .NET Framework 2.0.

Email support at sourcegear.com -- we may have a version of the installer that works in this situation.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Indiana

Resolution: SOS Server startup issue.

Post by Indiana » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:44 am

I just wanted to post the resolution I had in case someone else runs across this.

The machine is running .Net version v2.0.50727 and has Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition (which has .Net version v1.1.4322 as a part of the OS).

The "SosService.exe.config" file was modified to specify the .Net version that was installed. Contents below. This doesn't explain why I didn't recieve the error before I changed the SOS license keys, however it's working now so the reason is not important.

Thanks, Brian

<pre>
<configuration>
<system.diagnostics>
<switches>
<add name="General" value="1"/>
<add name="Method" value="0"/>
</switches>
</system.diagnostics>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/>
<requiredRuntime version="v2.0.50727"