Help getting a new file that was checked in

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

dcaver

Help getting a new file that was checked in

Post by dcaver » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:42 pm

I have Repository in Vault that a colleague and I are using for an ASP.Net project. We are both using VS 2003 and check in/out pages. My colleague created and new page and then checked in all of his work (including the new page).

Now I need to get a copy of all his work including the new page. I right-clicked on the solution in VS and choose “Get Latest Version (recursive)”. I did see that it went out and got new versions of a couple of pages but the new page my colleague checked in is not showing up in my solution explorer.

Is there something else he or I need to do so that I can get all of his files that he checked in?

David

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:15 am

Look in the GUI Client to make sure the file was actually added to the repository. Also, did your colleague check in the project file? When I tried to reproduce this, I noted that even after I checked in the new webform, the project file remained checked out, and I was unable to get the new file on a second machine until the project file was checked in on the first machine.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dcaver

Post by dcaver » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:09 pm

I just found out that he did not check in the project file. That is probably what caused the problem.

I was able to see the file in the Vault Client and what I didn't understand was that the status was set to "Missing".

I had him zip up and email the files and I just copied and pated into my project. That gets me by for now.

Thanks,
David

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:03 pm

Status of "missing" in the Vault GUI Client means that the file is in the repository but has not been retrieved into your working directory. So it's "missing" from the working directory -- or it can also mean a working directory has not been set.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager