server closed connection

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sergiogio

server closed connection

Post by sergiogio » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:31 pm

Client 3.5.3 cannot connect distant repository, only saying "server closed connection" after 2-3 minutes.

Is this because repository does not work?
Is this because emcryption key is not good?
Any other possible reason?

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

sergiogio

follow-up

Post by sergiogio » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:09 pm

I want to note that internet explorer on http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/vaultservice ... rvice.asmx works, so I do not think it is a server issue.
In addition from my client I can ping and telnet the server...

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:51 am

sergiogio:

i'm not certain i understand...

is this question related to sourcegear sourceoffsite (http://support.sourcegear.com/viewforum.php?f=10) or to sourcegear vault (http://support.sourcegear.com/viewforum.php?f=13)?

they are two completely different products. a vault client only understands the protocol with a vault server. a sourceoffsite client only understands the protocol with a sourceoffsite server. they cannot be interchanged.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

sergiogio

SOS, not vault!

Post by sergiogio » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:23 am

Hello jclausius,

thanks for replying. my question is indeed not very clear.
I have a SOS client trying to connect a SOS server server. I can ping this server, open the page in ie http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx (i get answer 250 Protocol-Version:2.0 Message-ID:00000000 Database Aliases:.[...]) BUT SOS client says "server closed connection" after 1min or 2 trying to connect. Other people on a different site are successfully able to connect though... Since I have no clue, I was wondering if that could be due to a setting on my site.

Thanks,

Sergiogio

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:21 am

Where does the connection hang? After you enter the servername and port or after you get the login dialog for the VSS database?

Are other users able to access the same server and same database with no problem?

If there were a problem with the encryption key, you would get an error. If other users are accessing the same database, then the database itself is not the problem.

Is there a client-side firewall that could be closing the connection? The SOS server itself does not close connections.

Can you connect to our demo server: sos.sourceoffsite.com:8888. Log in as daffy, password duck.

If there's no client-side device that could be closing the connection, please post or email me a copy of your SOS Server log file. Enable verbose logging in the Debug tab of the SOS Server Manager and restart the SOS Sever. Then try to log in. Send me a copy of the log.txt file located in the SOS directory on the SOS Server machine. Let me know what username you were logged in under and the approximate time in the log that corresponds with the failed login.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sergiogio

updates

Post by sergiogio » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:09 pm

Thanks for your input Linda!

Connection hangs just after I enter server/port and press "OK" in the dialog box.
After 1-2min I would get "Server closed connection".

I can easily and succesfully connect to the demo daffy duck server though!

I am starting to wonder... could it be that the server just refuses connection? I will try to have my folks take a look at the logs and send them over to you.

Thanks again for supporting so attentively this issue,

Serge.

dananos

Same problem

Post by dananos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:07 am

Hi,

I'm getting the same problem, connecting back to our source safe server, after 2-3 mins it says "server closed connection". After entering username and password

This is the first time it happened in a few months. Any idea?

Dan

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:34 am

Is there anything in the SOS Server log that corresponds to the login error? The log is called log.txt and is in the SOS Server directory.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager