What software do I need?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

yo

What software do I need?

Post by yo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:16 pm

In the past (for a website written in asp) I used SourceOffsite 3.5.1 to deploy my pages from the development location to the web server used for testing.
Now I need to create a website in ASP.NET 2.0 using Visual Studio 2005 and be able to deploy the website remotely to the web server.
I am trying to figure out what my software options will be, in order to accomplish this.
I obviously want it to be cost-effective.
Can you help me figure this out?
Thank you!
YO

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:13 pm

If you are not making any changes to the server, then there's no reason why you can't continue using what you have. Then you would be able to continue using the deploy feature.

Only SOS 4.x had any errors with the 2.0 .NET framework, and that is detailed out here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=5256.

You also have the option of moving to Vault, but that product won't have the web deploy feature as you are used to seeing it. People still use it for websites, but they either write their own deploy script, just perform a Get, or use shadow folders. Vault does have the benefit of a more stable database and has more features.

If you need bug and task tracking included, then you will want to take a closer look at Fortress instead.

All three products have different benefits. You can demo any of them for free and we can provide you with as many demo licenses as you need.

yo

Thank you!

Post by yo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:27 pm

Thank you so much for the info. I will try it and see how it goes.