Exception while starting Source Offsite server

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

spatra

Exception while starting Source Offsite server

Post by spatra » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:45 am

I have configured the source offsite server 4.2 to run on port 8080 in unsecured mode. When I try to start the service I get an exception [with an option to debug]. However the service runs fine after that. The problem is I am able to log in using a client installed in the same machine. But when I try to install the client in a different machine, I am not able to connect to the server. All this is happening with in the LAN so there is no firewall issue.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:06 am

The restart exception is a known issue. It happens when the SOS Server Service is using the .NET Framework 2.0.

The solution is to change the SosService.exe.config file in the SOS Server directory to use the to use the 1.1 .Net framework for the <supportedRuntime version>.

What error do you get when the client tries to connect? Have you tried connecting with the machine's IP address?

Could something be blocking access to port 8080 on the SOS Server machine? Or could the client machine have Windows Firewall enabled?

Are there any error messages in the SOS Server log? It's log.txt and is in the SOS Server directory.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager